Report Your Concerns about a Child or Young Person

If you're worried about a child or young person and think they may be a victim of neglect, abuse or cruelty, contact your local Children's Social Care office - please see the links below.

If it is an emergency, you should call the Police on 999.

You do not need to know everything about the child or what is happening. You may just be worried, or feel that something is not right.

Leicestershire County contact details

Rutland County contact details

Leicester contact details

For more details on making a referral (including the Multi-Agency Referral Form MARF), please see the Referrals Procedure.

There is also Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF) Guidance for your area

Leicestershire County Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF) Guidance

Rutland County Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF) Guidance

Leicester Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF) Guidance

If you are unsure which Council covers the address you are concerned about, please see GOV.UK, Find your local council.

Police: 101 (non-emergency number)

Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111 (free and confidential)

Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)

If you are concerned that someone in a position of trust has harmed a child or behaved in a way that indicates that they may be unsuitable to be in a position of trust, please contact the LADO to discuss your concerns promptly, before speaking to the person of concern.